First impressions are everything.
(Especially on the internet with the millions of blinking things screaming “look at me!” and website cruisers who have the attention span of a pea.)
So if your site isn’t visually appealing, that page tab will be closed faster than you can say “abracadabra”. (But it won’t feel nearly as magical.)
Because that’s definitely not the reaction you want.
What you DO want is for your visitors to stick around for a while, read your posts, get hooked on you and (of course) become loyal and engaged followers.
And that all starts with your site’s design.
If you’re reading this and thinking “omg, I need a makeover”, keep on reading.
- You’ve been trying to achieve this design genius on your own to little success.
- You’ve been wasting time fiddling with your site graphics and you’re still not totally pleased with the outcome.
- You’ve been dismissed as an amatuer or hobbyist due to your DIY design work and you’re tired of losing out on opportunities!
Or maybe your own design is actually “decent looking” but you’re still not seeing the engagement or interest you were hoping for…
You know it’s time to bring in a professional.
One who will not only help your site look stunning, but will also create the functionality that you need to truly GROW.
Because sure – one half of website design is how it looks.
But the other equally important component is how it works.
To keep visitors hanging around your site, your site needs to function in a way that makes them enjoy interacting with it.
Humor me for a moment and picture this.
Your site is so gorgeously designed that…
- You’re receiving praise from all of your friends and family. They actually take you seriously now – and guess what? So do you!
- You can picture this design lasting through a book deal, a national speaking tour, a workshop series, or any other dream your blogging heart desires.
- Your page views are through the roof, because everyone who reads SHARES – and how can they not?
- Your new subscribers feel like they know you – because from your website header to their final welcome email, everything looks and works seamlessly and professionally.
- You are gaining followers by the hundreds because your design and functionality is finally just as addictive as your content – casting a spell upon your readers – YES, the Blog Genie can do that. *wink*
My priority as your Blog Genie (and designer) is to create a memorable experience for your visitors with emotionally captivating design.
Why? Because even if people don’t remember what you say, they’ll always remember how you made them feel.
So let’s make your readers feel happy, bright, joyful, amazing, awakened, enticed – let’s make them feel excited, serene, enlightened. Let’s make them feel YOU.
This is how we capture your visitors and turn them into fans.
After all, they are your guests. So let’s impress them.
I created my Makeover to Takeover Package for just that reason.
Makeover to Takeover is your (website design) wish come true. It’s a comprehensive design service that transforms your janky, self-created site into a beautiful, professional, optimized webpage that will make an instant impact on your visitors and keep them coming back for more. What’s more, we work together to create a strategy to market and grow your audience with that gorgeous new site.
Here’s an idea of the process -
The Wishlist (Questionnaire): You’ll get this in advance of our call so you can get started right away. Filling this out is your chance to unearth all of the enchanting details you’re dreaming of before we get going. Spoiler alert: This is where the magic starts.
Phone (or Skype) Calls:
That’s right, no endless back and forth with a faceless designer on the other end of an email address. Part of the magic of this process is the partnership we build throughout your project. The better I know your hopes, goals and frustrations, the better I can help you get where you want to go. That simply can’t be done through 100% email correspondence.
- We’ll start with a Creative Discovery Call to get crystal clear on your site, audience and brand. We’ll discuss what pages you need, goals for implementation and how visitor flow will operate. All of our ongoing creative work will be based on what we discover on this call.
- Once your design is nearly complete, we’ll hop on again for a Pre-Launch Pep Talk before site launch to make sure we have worked through every detail. I will walk you through how to use your site and update it yourself so that you are totally ready to takeover (your site and the world).
- 30 Days after launch, we’ll do a little Connection Check-In to make sure you are using your site seamlessly without any hiccups. We’ll examine what’s working and not working and address any minor tweaks to optimize your site as much as possible.
Branding Strategy + Marketing Roadmap: During our very first call you’ll see that this isn’t your regular design service. Through our partnership we’ll dig deep to find and present your unique value, your brand tone and personality and truly understand your most valued reader and customer. Then we’ll develop a marketing roadmap so you know how to move your business forward.
Mockups of the Design: As I begin drafting up your design, I’ll keep you completely in the loop. You’ll get mockups within 3 weeks and before I finalize and implement anything I will ask for your final stamp of approval.
A Gorgeous Homepage + Inner Pages: Your homepage is the foyer of your website. So instead of being thrown straight into a blog, you will have a welcome platform to give visitors a chance to get to know you first. I’ll also provide you with beautifully designed inner pages to help you reach your goals. Please note: If you’re ordering the standard blog site your recent posts will be your homepage.
Development & Installation of Design: Let’s just say I’m not gonna leave you hanging on the tech end of things. Once your design is approved and ready, I will code your site and install it on WordPress, as well as any necessary plug-ins so you will be totally ready to rock and roll once you launch.
Email Marketing System Set-up and Integration: No more stressing about setting up your mail management system to grab email addresses and grow your list! I will have you up and running in no time and make sure your opt-ins are flawlessly delivered whenever someone joins.
Access to Me! Not to toot my own horn or anything but I’m really good at this. Connecting with bloggers and entrepreneurs and bringing their vision to life is a labor of love. I’m way more than just a designer, I’m a blog and website launch coach, a business strategist and your partner in this thing – I will walk you through the process step by step and never leave you in the dark wondering what’s going on. You’ll have 24/7 email access to me and I welcome all of your questions.
Ready to get started?
Custom Package Prices begin at –
$2500 for blog site design
$4500 for full site design
If you’re ready to create a professional, effective online home for your community, let’s chat.
Here’s how to get started -
Start by filling out the The Wishlist questionnaire, it only takes a few moments.
After the form is complete, it’s automagically sent to my inbox so I can start getting to know your project better and see if we’re a good fit. We’ll then set up a time to speak so I can hear all about you, your site and your vision for the next step.
If we decide to move forward, I’ll send you a customized proposal with a quote that includes everything you’ll need from start to finish.
Please note: I typically book out 6-8 weeks in advance.
How long does this process usually take?
A standard timeline is about two to three months for a full site design and one to two months for a blog design. This also depends on how quick communication is during all parts of the design process.
Do you offer a payment plan?
In order to secure your space in the calendar, I require a 50% deposit upfront. Once your start date arrives, the remaining balance is spread out over equal monthly or bi-weekly payments. The payment frequency depends on your preference and the length of your project. Once the project is paid in full, I install all of that goodness on your hosting account and you go live! (And celebrate, of course.)