There’s a lot to sort through when you’re trying to get this blogging thing figured out.
To make your life a teeny tiny bit easier, I’ve put together some tutorials to help you learn how to start a blog or if you need a hand making the one you’ve got even better.
Here’s a sample of the FAQ from my inbox:
What blogging platform to use? Blogger, WordPress or something else?
What is self-hosting anyway?
Do I need my own domain?
Where should I buy a domain?
How do I get traffic to my site?
Money? You can make money blogging! OMG, how do I do THAT?
From this page, I hope to give you some information that you can use to make your own, educated decisions about how to start, proceed and prosper from your blog.
My favorite new resource is How to Set Up Self Hosted WordPress (with bonus sections on how to transfer your content from Blogger or WordPress.com).
Grab a coffee or a glass of wine and settle in for a bit. If you have any specific questions that you can’t find the answer to, don’t hesitate to contact me and I’ll see what I can hunt up for you.
Finally, before you jump into some juicy posts, don’t forget to sign up for my free, 3 week blogging course. It will help you get clarity and blog better, no matter how far along you are on your blogging journey. Just sign up in the box below.
Sign up below to get started.
Self Hosting & How to Start a Blog Resources
- What’s the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- How to set up self hosted WordPress: The Step by Step Guide
- Transferring your content from Blogger to WordPress.org
- Transferring your content from WordPress.com to WordPress.org
- Blogging Logins/Passwords Printable
- Helpful hints before you transfer from Blogger or WordPress.com
- Understanding WordPress permalinks
- How to install a WordPress plugin
- 6 Awesome Related Post (thumbnail) Plugins for WordPress [plugin]
- Blog Maintenance Checklist
- How to change your navigation bar
- How to install Google Analytics for WordPress
- Customize your WordPress admin area
- Find out how to track and fix broken links hiding in old posts [plugin]
- Best recipe plugins for WordPress
Motivation & Productivity
- Are you making these 3 critical blogging mistakes?
- How to get all your email addresess funneling into one inbox with Gmail
- Email tools for blogging productivity ninjas
- How to break out of a serious blogging funk
- 4 ways to add more personality to your blog
- Why 99% of bloggers don’t succeed – they worry about the wrong things
Increasing Traffic and Growing Subscribers
- What to do if no one reads your blog
- Guest posting: where to start and how to do it
- How to set up an email marketing system to handle your blog subscriptions
- How to use social media to increase blog traffic
- Boost subscriber numbers by reusing content
- 3 ways to increase blog subscribers today
Social Media Resources
- Social media checklist
- Social media icon set in official colors
- How to use social media to grow your blog traffic
- How to create social media reports for brands & media kits
- Picking the right social media sites for smaller blogs
- Facebook Timelines for Fan Pages: The Essentials Blogger’s Guide
- Best Pinterest Plugins for WordPress [plugin]
- Instagram In an Instant: A beginner’s guide
- How to create collages in Instagram
- Facebook plugin for WordPress [plugin]
- Click to tweet: Increase Twitter shares with one easy tip
- How to schedule posts to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+
- Eye catching social media plugins for WordPress [plugin]
Working with Brands
Improving your Blog: Appearance & Content
- Is your About Page letting you down?
- How to Give Your Photos a Boost
- Ad Inspired Color Palettes
- How to optimize your sidebar
- 25 Beautiful and free fonts
- How to figure out what font another site is using
Do you feel…
+ you’ve lost your blogging mojo (or maybe never had it)
+ you’re not making progress even though you spend hours online
+ deflated every time you go to other blogs that get tons of comments, lots of traffic and book deals!
You can achieve blogging success too! Let’s get started, grab my free 3 week blogging course now!